Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Topic Author

HKG-TPE-HKG Recommendation For C-Class

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:03 pm

There are countless daily flights between HKG-TPE-HKG, the price differences - for Business class - are enormous.

What´s your experience, recommendation for selection of airline?

Personally I´d go for KA/CX but they are quite pricey; What experiences can you share with the lower cost airlines, like China Airlines, Eva Air, Hong Kong Airlines?

Always: Nonstop flights please for your suggestions.

masgniw

RE: HKG-TPE-HKG Recommendation For C-Class

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:52 pm

My SO lived in Taiwan for a few years and traveled on EVA air on large majority of her flights into and out of TPE. She raves about her experiences with them.

I've flown Hong Kong Airlines (HKG-PEK, though). I was generally pretty satisfied with them. They had really friendly service and had a very modern and comfortable cabin.

musapapaya

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:20 pm

I flown with Eva and they were good. Their catering was quite good in both Y and C. Enjoy your flight!

Viscount724

Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:36 am

On such a short flight why even bother flying business class? I would save my money and spend it on something that's going last longer than about 90 minutes. I would choose whoever has the lowest fare on a route like that.

LAXintl

Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:55 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 3):
On such a short flight why even bother flying business class? I would save my money and spend it on something that's going last longer than about 90 minutes. I would choose whoever has the lowest fare on a route like that.

I've done the route a few times and its really a short hop. I'd also go with whatever is the cheapest or whomever you collect miles with primarily.

Unless you have never flown business class and simply want to experience the seat product once, I'd also say save your money.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Coal

Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 3):

I've done it on KA in J and to be honest I don't really think it's worth it. It was in the evening and there was a meal, plus it was to KHH which is marginally closer than TPE. I would have happily sat in Y and eaten at the hotel or a restaurant.
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

foppishbum

Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:23 pm

I would recommend both EVA and China Airlines. I've flown them numerous times over the years for intra-Asia and long-hauls. I find their service and catering to be great. Also, if you make sure you book on their 777-300ER's (and pray for no equipment swap), you'll be sitting in EVA's Royal Laurel Class or China Airlines's new Premium Business Class.  
TPE X LAX X NYC :airplane:

hongkongflyer

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:37 am

I would recommend China Airlines' flights operated by 777-300ER,
their business cabin is so unique which incorporated Taiwan elements in the design.