Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tomaheath
Topic Author

Cape Air LEB To BOS.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:54 pm

For $113 round trip from LEB to BOS seems cheap enough is this a enjoyable flight? Seems like could be s fun flight than spend the day in Boston then fly back.

KPWMSpotter

RE: Cape Air LEB To BOS.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Yes, I'd do it.

I put together a Trip Report a couple years ago, when Cape Air was offering a $12 flight sale to and from LEB. (Here if you're interested, but the images don't appear to be generating: Cape Air For $12! LEB-HPN-LEB On 9K's Cessna 402s (by KPWMSpotter Jan 2 2013 in Trip Reports) )

Cape Air is a great little airline, especially if you like the General Aviation side of flying. You can sit in the co-pilot's seat if you're lucky; if not lucky you still get a great view of the panel and out the front windshield.

If you're in the LEB area, I'd do it. BOS is an easy city to day-trip in, sounds like an all-around fun itinerary.
I reject your reality and substitute my own...

tomaheath
Topic Author

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks for the info and great trip report. I'm in Manchester so it would be a little hall for me but sounds fun. On a nice clear day I bet the views are nice.

classicjets

Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:24 am

I've taken this flight as well. I think for about $80. The views were great, especially on approach to LEB and again on the return to BOS, flying right over Fort Warren on Georges Island. On the return flight, all seats were filled and I snagged the right seat which made for even better pictures of the flight into BOS.

aloges

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:11 pm

One more for the "do it" camp. It's interesting even in winter... which was when I had a blast from the past in the form of being asked "How much do you weigh?" at check-in.    We landed just before the A340 for my trip back home came in, quite a sight.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

kgaiflyer

Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 am

Quoting tomaheath (Thread starter):
For $113 round trip from LEB to BOS seems cheap enough is this a enjoyable flight? Seems like could be s fun flight than spend the day in Boston then fly back.

Did it a couple years ago flying LEB-BOS / BOS CLT. I'm a big guy and would only fit on the rear seat. Even then I was cramped. It was a clear Saturday afternoon and the Fall scenery was quite amazing. But arriving in Boston at the B6 gates, and then trucking my rollerbag up a stairwell was an annoyance. But then cheesing it over to USAirways in the B Concourse was the cherry on the cake.

I was younger then (only 70   ). I wouldn't do it again.

RyanairGuru

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:59 pm

I did BOS-LEB-BOS back in December 2014. It was a stunning flight in winter with snow all around. I would recommend it to anyone, it's a fun day trip to try an unusual operator.
Worked Hard, Flew Right