ual757
Topic Author

FS9 REINSTALL- Help!

Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:33 pm

Hey All-

Okay so I have messed up some files in my fs9 files and want to uninstall fs9 and reinstall. My question is if I uninstall and then install, will all my addons still be there. Because when I uninstalled FSX it kept every add-on, and reinstalled the addons were still there (but that was on another computer). If I do this will I lose all my addons like my FlyTampa scenery, FlightZone scenery, PMDG 747, Captain Sim 757?

HELP ME!

Thanks,

Alex

CDreier

RE: FS9 REINSTALL- Help!

Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:26 pm

Unfortunately, if you do a complete uninstall, you'll not have your add-ons.

ual757
Topic Author

Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:20 pm

Quoting CDreier (Reply 1):
Unfortunately, if you do a complete uninstall, you'll not have your add-ons.

Well I guess I will just copy my gauges, aircraft, addon scenery, sound, and effects folder then.

[Edited 2007-11-25 14:20:41]

jamesbaldwyn

Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:14 pm

I recently reinstalled my FS9. It's pretty easy just to make a copy of the vital files and put them back on.

KL773ER

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:02 am

What if one decides to uninstall the FS9 software and the uninstall icon does not execute the deletion of the programme? I also wanted to un/reinstall FS9, but this issue arose and looking to do it other ways other than deleting it "by hand."

-KL

QFA380

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:49 am

I've done this before, my FS9 wasn't working so I decided to do a complete un/reinstall. Much to my annoyance the uninstall did not delete all my planes and scenery, even though it deleted them from the folder. So I went along and butchered everything.

Quoting KL773ER (Reply 4):

Insert the disk (1) and it should come up. If not I think you will just have to delete it all by hand.

David L

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 am

What if one decides to uninstall the FS9 software and the uninstall icon does not execute the deletion of the programme? I also wanted to un/reinstall FS9, but this issue arose and looking to do it other ways other than deleting it "by hand."

In that case, I'd un-install first, then delete the entire FS9 folder, then run a registry cleaner, such as CCleaner. Reboot and you should be "clean".

Edit: You may or may not also want to delete the Flight Simulator Files folder in My Documents, too.

[Edited 2007-11-26 02:58:32]

cptspeaking

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 pm

What if one decides to uninstall the FS9 software and the uninstall icon does not execute the deletion of the programme?

Might try going in the control panel -> Add/Remove Programs, then you can do it from there...not sure if this is linked in any way to the Uninstall exe in the fs folder, but it's always worked for me...

Your CptSpeaking
...and don't call me Shirley!!