Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

[email protected]
Topic Author

Creating FS Airline - How Much Time/work Needed?

Wed May 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Ok, so I got the idea of possibly creating a "fake" airline to put in my FS 2004, but I'm curious how difficult a project it would be... I assume some of you have already done (or at least tried) something like this, so hopefully I can get some feedback/help through this thread.

What I want is:

- Textures to use on a fully working Boeing 737 model (or similar), to operate in FS.
- Textures and flightplans to create a small fleet for AI traffic.

That's pretty much it... but in those two lines lies a lot of work, and to be honest I don't know much, if anything, about how to repaint models (especially creating a cool design), or how to create flightplans for AI traffic. (Am I forgetting anything else to make this work..?)

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone could help and possibly assist in such a project, that'd be excellent.  Smile

[email protected]
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

jwenting

RE: Creating FS Airline - How Much Time/work Needed?

Wed May 14, 2008 4:06 pm

if you use the default 737, that same texture set will be both yours to fly and AI, cutting the work.
The AI plans are a bit more work, but there are quite a few tools out there to make the job easier.

Check the download sites, there's bound to be all-white textures for the default aircraft somewhere.
I wish I were flying

csturdiv

RE: Creating FS Airline - How Much Time/work Needed?

Wed May 14, 2008 11:05 pm

I wouldn't use the default aircraft for AI. If you want to have the B737 flying around, you can use one of the AI models from Aardvark, much easier on the frame rates. You can use their painkit to paint up the aircraft as you want it. After doing that, you can use a program like AITM to create flightplans for it. You can make them into generic 24 hour period flights, like each day the aircraft will fly from point A to point B and then back to point A, or you can get really in-depth and create a detailed weekly set of flights for multiple cities. Then you can use TTOOLS to compile the traffic for FS. Would this be for FS9 or FSX? If it is for FS9 and you have an idea of the equipment you want to use and the cities, I might be able to come up with some flightplans to keep them busy.

Craig
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD