ronerone
Topic Author

RE: Uniquely Boutique: Oman Air Business Class To BKK

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Quoting akhmad (Reply 48):
Yes, but I can only have the pleasure of those kreteks in Indonesia. The atmosphere, sultry weather, people, food...everything just has to fit in and all of those things just come together perfectly there.

Haha u dont seem like a person who smokes!

Quoting ryanair!!! (Reply 49):
When I used to puff, I was a firm supporter of Sampoerna. Kreteks are the best ciggies, IMO. I have since given up smoking in order to maintain my gorgeous self but I won't mind a kretek or two once in a while. It has been tough trying to ignore the "warungs" in Jakarta because that is where I get my kretek.

Whereas you, i have seen huff n puff before!
Fly Roni. Aviation Journeys. Photos. Videos.

borax

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Another legendary report from you there, Roni!

Request for you to post up all your next trips so we can expect the next report?

akhmad

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Quoting ronerone (Reply 50):
Haha u dont seem like a person who smokes!

Neither do you!  
There is no deity except You. Exalted are You. Indeed, I have been of the wrongdoers.

ronerone
Topic Author

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Quoting borax (Reply 51):
Another legendary report from you there, Roni!

Thanks Borax! Glad you enjoyed it!

Quoting borax (Reply 51):
Request for you to post up all your next trips so we can expect the next report?

I have learned to keep it a mystery, but the next one will be up soon, and it will be a 'routine' carrier  
Quoting akhmad (Reply 52):
Neither do you!

Unfortunately i have been smoking since i was 14   and next month i will be 31!

It is a tough battle, and as much as i enjoy it, id like to stop!

Cheers,
Roni

SR 103

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:53 am

As you know, I have nothing but praise for your trip reports and this was no exception. Truth be told, I am slightly jealous as I had always hoped to do one of the first Oman Air Business Class trip reports. However things always get in my way but I am glad that it was you who ended up posting the first one!

Quoting ronerone (Reply 1):
passengers are entitled to use Gulf Air's First & Business Class lounge which is located next to Gate 122 at DXB. As it was a new lounge for me, it was not to be missed this time.

I am very impressed by the lounge, definitely have to give Gulf Air credit here. I have always had a soft spot for Gulf Air, they were the first Middle Eastern airline I ever tried and I still think they have one of the best paint schemes around.

The buffet spread was quite adequate

Not bad at all. Any idea if any other airline uses the lounge other than GF and WY?

Quoting ronerone (Reply 2):
At me and seatmate's turn, she kneeled down on the floor to make easy contact with us.

Very nice, a small touch that sets a fantastic crew apart from a good crew.

Quoting ronerone (Reply 3):
More terminal pictures

Thats a nice little terminal. For some reason DOH (non premium terminal) came to mind when I saw your MCT pictures.

Quoting ronerone (Reply 3):
From my experience and from what I have seen to date, they have a lot to work on if they plan to align their ground offering to that of their excellent in-flight product.

Why does this always seem to be the case for the Middle Eastern airlines? My first time at DXB back in the 90's was no different. Same with BAH, AUH, KWI and DOH from my experience. It always seems to be the local ground staff that ruin an otherwise exceptional experience.

Quoting ronerone (Reply 4):
The seat is huge, and extremely comfortable. Exceeding a countless number of airlines' First Class offering, it would be ultimately strange to find any flaw in this Business Class seat.

While I am sure pictures can't do this seat justice, it still looks absolutely amazing! This has to be one of the best seats around.

I really like this style of letting the passenger mix and match in his or her own plate. Its definitely different but in a good way.

I had expected great hardware on Oman Air's for sure. But what I was also expecting was a patchy set of crew who were yet to adapt to this new service, which I am assuming was only launched a few months prior. This was not the case, and everything seemed absolutely flawless

Thats great to hear! Like you I would have expected patchy crew, but it really is a testament to how the airline is run. Hopefully management keeps investing in the right area's and WY continues to deliver exceptional service as they grow.

Having said all that, I definitely experienced exceptional service that is even better than that of my favorite Gulf airline. I thought that we really have seen it all, but now there is Oman Air! They are really something!

I always knew that one day I would read that another Middle Eastern airline topped your beloved Etihad, I just always thought it would be Qatar!  

I am eagerly looking forward to more of your reports. The time I spend reading your reports is like a nice mini escape from the pressures of daily life.

ronerone
Topic Author

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Hey Anosh!!!

So good to hear from you my friend!  
Quoting SR 103 (Reply 54):
As you know, I have nothing but praise for your trip reports and this was no exception. Truth be told, I am slightly jealous as I had always hoped to do one of the first Oman Air Business Class trip reports. However things always get in my way but I am glad that it was you who ended up posting the first one!

Thanks for that!

I am very impressed by the lounge, definitely have to give Gulf Air credit here. I have always had a soft spot for Gulf Air, they were the first Middle Eastern airline I ever tried and I still think they have one of the best paint schemes around.

GF is also the most experienced Gulf Airline. They have seen it all; success, financial turmoil, corruption, multi-hub strategies, you name it!

I may not be their biggest fan, but EK, QR, and EY wouldnt exist without GF.

Any idea if any other airline uses the lounge other than GF and WY?

I believe that only GF and WY use this lounge.

Very nice, a small touch that sets a fantastic crew apart from a good crew.

Indeed! This is what set the tone for the rest of the trip actually.

I always knew that one day I would read that another Middle Eastern airline topped your beloved Etihad, I just always thought it would be Qatar!

Haha. Qatar is coming!  
I am eagerly looking forward to more of your reports.

Thanks. More coming soon.

The time I spend reading your reports is like a nice mini escape from the pressures of daily life.

Thanks Anosh .. Hope that all is well with you!

Cheers,
Roni

TR1

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Amazing report! Looks like Oman Air is really trying to catch up with the big boys of the Gulf region. After flying them in coach last winter your report has whet my appetite for flying them in the premium cabins.

Can't wait for your next reports.

ronerone
Topic Author

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Quoting TR1 (Reply 56):
Amazing report! Looks like Oman Air is really trying to catch up with the big boys of the Gulf region. After flying them in coach last winter your report has whet my appetite for flying them in the premium cabins.

Thanks TR1! Glad you enjoyed.

It was your report on Oman Air that was the initial influence  

Cheers,
Roni

codc10

Sun May 16, 2010 2:00 am

Great report.

Pleasantly quiet during off-peak times at DXB

This photo of DXB is somewhat reminiscent of EWR!

Globetraveller

Wed May 19, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Roni!

I hope all is well!

Wow... Is this really Business Class? About half the airlines I know do not even have a First Class like this and, to be honest, the Oman Air First Class barely looks better than Business. I am sure their excellent J must be giving F some serious competition.

Thanks for the great insight into this little known carrier - I thoroughly enjoyed the excellent pictures and great detail!

Globetraveller

ronerone
Topic Author

Wed May 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Quoting globetraveller (Reply 59):
I am sure their excellent J must be giving F some serious competition.

Hi Globetraveller!

I am sure it will, once their loads improve!  
Quoting globetraveller (Reply 59):
Thanks for the great insight into this little known carrier - I thoroughly enjoyed the excellent pictures and great detail!

Thanks for your comments! Good to hear from you.

Hope all is well!

Cheers,
Roni

caleb1

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:21 am

Another fantastic report Roni. Excellent as always!

shamrock321

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:08 am

Vey enjoyable read, great photos aswell, having a look back at some of your older reports now aswell, really enjoy your layout.